ReThink Innovation of Storage
The light bulb. The car. The telephone. All of these inventions had profound impacts on the world and people’s lives. So, what’s next? Natural Human-Machine interfaces, autonomous car, artificial intelligence will bring yet another wave of invention that will shift the trajectory of society in stunning and positive ways. These systems require instant, ubiquitous access to Data.Data is becoming the “New Air,” wherever, whenever, always available. But to make Data truly ubiquitous, inventors have to rethink the status quo. New technologies are needed to architect systems with no latency, high energy efficiency, high capacity and screaming fast performance. That’s where CrossBar Resistive RAM (ReRAM) comes in.
CrossBar was founded in 2010 to commercialize a radically different approach to non-volatile memory called ReRAM. A unique memory technology that can be integrated inside a system-on-chip or produced as a standalone memory chip, CrossBar ReRAM is playing an important role in enabling this new world.
ReRAM makes tightly integrated compute/storage subsystems possible, freeing designers from the traditional bus-based storage architectures.
With ReRAM, designers can create entirely new subsystems from “persistent computing” where integrated data pods never shut down to “smart memory” that learns from every interaction and autonomously retrieves, filters, computes data without the intervention of the CPU.
CrossBar ReRAM IP cores are ready to be licensed at 2x nm and 1x nm, enabling entirely new subsystems from “near-memory computing” to “in-memory computing.” CrossBar is actively growing its ecosystem of hardware and software partners to help rethink how new ReRAM-centric architectures can usher in the next wave of world transformation.
CrossBar’s Resistive RAM technology has numerous uses for high-performance and high-density multiple-time programmable (MTP) memory as well as few-time programmable (FTP) and one-time programmable (OTP) non-volatile memories. In addition, the company is now exploiting the benefits or its unique ReRAM technology for physically unclonable function (PUF) security keys, providing superior security characteristics, simpler implementations, higher speed processing and semiconductor fabrication synergy with embedded ReRAM memories.
- Founded in 2010, headquartered in Santa Clara, California
- Leader in filament-based non-volatile ReRAM technology
- 193 patents issued worldwide
- Back-end of line non-volatile memory at 2x nm and 1x nm process nodes
- Licensed embedded memory IPs for SoC, MCU, FPGA, Domain-Specific Applications
- Collaborative programs with strategic partners to develop custom, ReRAM-centric architectures
- Applications in Persistent Memory, Storage Class Memory, AI, Neuromorphic computing, eNVM
- Proven scalability below 10nm process node
- 100x lower read latency, 20x better energy efficiency and 1000x faster write performance than NAND Flash
- No erase needed, bit/byte level overwrite capability
- Manufactured on standard CMOS production lines
- Capacities of 1TB/chip and more possible
- Multiple uses as MTP, FTP and OTP NVM memories
- ReRAM PUF keys available for secure communications and computing